Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Frankie Knuckles

Good Evening!
Hope everyone is still eating a bit of chocolate from yesterday. Didn't think I was going to post a card today but my lunch date with my sister had to be changed, her daughter has a stomach bug, poor thing. So when all else fails I make cards. Will have to do lunch next week.

Today I made a card for my nephew's 18th birthday. What a struggle that was. Why do we have such a hard time making masculine cards. For me I think because I have two daughters, it has alway been a girlie thing around here. I used this stamp from KennyK downloads called Frankie Knuckles, I just love it. Reminds me of my husband way back in the day, a cute Italian kid from East Boston!

I colored him with copics of course. Found some old clear tickets from Maya Road that I put paper behind and used a happy birthday rub on. The background paper is from echo park called Happy Days. I have used this little paper pad a lot lately, I love the colors in it. Some ribbon and rhinestones from my stash. I hope he likes it, never know what an 18 year old will like haha.



I am entering this card in
Penny's Paper Crafts Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew Masculine

Thanks for taking a peek, much appreciated. Don't be afraid to leave a comment or just say hello, would love to hear from you. Hugs! Kim

6 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

this looks awesome Kim! :) Wonderful colouring of this smart dude! :) Great layout and design and wonderful colours.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Scrappin Sista said...

Nice male card!! I love the image!! Great job!!

papertrails leaver said...

This is awesome! Love the masculine appeal! Thanks for joining us at Pennys for our anything goes challenge! :-) Amy

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh I bet he'll love it Kim! It's fab although I now have a funny mental image of your hubby lol!!

Gorgeous colouring! xx

Caroline said...

Fantastic card!!! Perfect for our Masculine challenge with the Creative Card Crew. Good luck with the challenge and hope you will be able to join in again next time.

Caroline x

Neet said...

Never got to grips with colouring with Copics or anything so am in awe of your talent. Love the way you have coloured the guy in and how you have used various elements to make up your background. Great card.
Hugs, Neet x

That's 70's

 Hey Everyone, Wanted to share this really cool card with you! It brings me back to my youth with its 70's vibe. Yup I am that old. This...