Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pixie time

Good Morning Friends

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing fine. So I live in Topsfield, home of like one of the biggest, oldest, agricultural fairs around and it has done nothing but rain since the fair has opened. How awful is that? I am so sick of looking at the rain. Everyone wants to go enjoy the fair but it is so wet out.

Well anyway, it is good to be able to stay in and craft so I guess there is an upside to everything. I will ask you all though, I am doing a craft show on Sunday, October 21 and was looking for suggestions on how to best display my cards. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well on to my post this week is for Pixie Dust Studio and it is an all time favorite:  Anything Goes!
Well now that was easy wasn't it. Here is my card using one of the cutest Pixie Dust Images.


Ballerinas are my favorite! I colored her with Copics and used lots of glitter and stickles on her outfit. I used a star charm since she is the star of the show hehe!

I hope you will enter one of your own great creations and check out what the other challenge team members have created. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

i am entering this card in the following challenges:

Love To Create challenge:  Thinking of you
Lollipop Crafts:  Something old, something new (Old ribbon, charm and paper, new flowers)
Crafting for all Seasons:  Costume or dress up


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim this is so cute, love the image and those pretty colours xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Super cute card Kim, love the mosaic style paper.

I hope it's stops raining for you soon so you get to enjoy the fair.

As for the craft show & displaying your cards, aside from the obvious of having it well set out, neat & visible, I would say try & get some dimension in to your display & have a nice plain cloth as a back drop. Anything patterned takes attention away from the cards. Make sure everything is clearly priced, I find people can be put off if they have to ask (might just be us English folk lol!).

Going back to the dimension thing, I have one of these http://www.johnlewis.com/154767/Product.aspx which is also a great talking point! I've also seen boxes used underneath cloths, like steps. I've also seem people have them in little boxes or baskets but I personally think if they're mostly easily visible it's more likely that something will catch the eye rather than waiting for people to come look through.

Not sure if any of that helped but I hope the show goes well

Hugs xx

Scrappin Sista said...

Very cute card, love the flowers Kim! You always do such a fab job on all your cards!!

Unknown said...

Oh Kim this is beautiful you have coloured her and her fab hair wonderfully well done thank you for joining our costume dress up challenge at crafting for all seasons this time Hugs Elaine

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card and your coloring is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Z

Mickaela Vildljung said...

What a wonderful coloring, i can almost see the skirt bouncing:)

Love Mickaela

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab Kim! Lovely card.

Susan x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. I love those flowers in the corner and your image is colored beautifully. Thanks for joining our challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week. Hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Sloths

 Hello,  As you may have heard, I am guest designer this month for La La Land Kit of the Month (so excited!!!). If you know me you know I l...