Monday, October 29, 2012

Surviving the Hurricane!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope all my east coast neighbors are surviving the hurricane. We are pretty good so far, still have our power not too much water just a whole lot of wind. But work and school has been cancelled all around so everyone is home with me today which is nice.

So before I show you what I have been crafting I wanted to share a Halloween Picture with you. My husband and I went to a Halloween Fundraiser party dressed as a flapper and a gangster. I thought we looked good!

It was a lot of fun. It is always fun to dress up. Hope you have a little laugh at this!

As for my card today, I colored sweet Tilda with copics. I used a sparkle glitter paper in the background, added Stickles to her hat and coat trim. Some more Stickles on the snow and some shimmer spray on the white paper. You cannot see it well in the picture but it sparkles and shimmers!


I am entering this in the following challenges:

One Stitch at a Time:  Make 1 for Christmas
Dream Valley Challenges:  Glitter and Bling
Robyns Fetish Challenge: Use and Embossing Folder, (the snowflake background)
Craft Pad: Christmas is Coming
Magnolia Down Under challenge:  Birthstone (September My sister's month)

Thanks for stopping by and stay dry and safe!

Kim

11 comments:

Unknown said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week x

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, fab piccie! Love the outfits. Y'know I never really thought about where you live (apart from America and you've got a craft room I envy!!!) or that you might be affected by the hurricane. What a bad bloggy friend I am!!

Glad to hear you weren't too badly affected and on the upside it must be nice to have your family home with you.

Gorgeous card as well, really cute image and the sparkles work perfectly.

Keep safe

Sarah

Pamela said...

I love the fashion of the 20's you look gorgeous. Atay safe Kim, thinking of you.

Your card is beautiful.

Pam x

Edwina said...

Your card is so adorable! Love the image and the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina

Tracey T said...

So pleased to hear that you're safe, Kim. We've been following H Sandy's progress on the news here and I really feel for you all. You look like you had a great time at your fundraiser - your dress is fab! Gorgeous Christmas card, too. Sending hugs, Tracey x

Scrappin Sista said...

What a cute picture of you and your hubby!!! Love it!! BTW, nice card too!!! Stay safe!!

Dawn said...

Cute card & cute photo too! Thank you for playing in the Christmas is Coming Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

mixamatoasties said...

Super card Kim and what a gorgeous photo of you and your hubby. Are you sure your youngest daughter is 23?!

Susan xx

cotnob said...

This is a fab Christmas card, I love the background.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

Crafting Vicky said...

hope you didn't have damage due to the storm! Great Halloween picture :D

Your card is totally gorgeous! Love Tilda!!! And you have colored her so beautifully!!!

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Caz said...

This is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley and good luck.

Caz DV DT

Sloths

 Hello,  As you may have heard, I am guest designer this month for La La Land Kit of the Month (so excited!!!). If you know me you know I l...