Thursday, November 1, 2012

Leaves, leaves, leaves!

Good Morning Everyone!
So we survived an awful Hurricane, that Sandy was nasty! Those poor people in New York and New Jersey will be cleaning up for a long time to come. As for us, just a bunch of naked trees and a whole lot of leaves in our yard! Thank Goodness. Thanks to all of you who inquired about me during the Hurricane, but I was never in any real danger just waiting for it to pass and hoping we kept our power which we did.

So that brings me to our Challenge this week at Pixie Dust Studio, it is Leaves! I know, how appropriate, right. So the last time I had to do a challenge with leaves I struggled a bit, this time, it came easier because I took it out  of the Autumn content and used it differently.I am pleased with how this card came out.

I use this adorable image from Pixie Dust Studio called Just Lion Around. I colored him with Copics, of course! The leaf scroll is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs, the small leaves are a Martha Stewart Punch, the flowers I made using a Memory Box Die , I also used a Marvy punch scallop circle, EK success punch for the photo corners, Spellbinders dies for the eyelet circle and banner.

I hope you will join us and come up with something creative using leaves. They can be in your image, on your paper, etc. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Thanks,
Kim

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Southern Girls Challenge:  Animal Crackers
Fab and Funky:  Die cuts and punches
Fussy and Fancy Friday:  anything Goes



7 comments:

Sazzle said...

Great image Kim and so cute too :-)

Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy for our "anything Goes" challenge - good luck!

xx Sazzle xx

mixamatoasties said...

Oh that's gorgeous Kim. Love that image! Scott used to love lions when he was a very wee boy. Now it's monkeys. Wonder why ;)

Glad you're ok after the hurricane.
Susan xx

Lynn said...

Simply stunning:)
Thankyou for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Challenges:)
Huggs
Lynn xxx

Pat said...

Lovely card with a sweet image. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week. Glad you survived the hurricane.

Pat xx

The Purple Loft Creations said...

Adorable love all the details. Happy to hear you wasn't affected by the storm.

Wishcraft said...

Oh how cute! Love the image and your colours are gorgeous too, fab card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Scrappin Sista said...

Cute card Kim!!

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...