Saturday, July 7, 2012

Paper Piecing Yes

Good Morning Friends,

Hope today finds you all well. We have a new challenge for you over at Sweet Stampin' this week.
It is paper piecing, now before you shake your head and say "what", I want you to know that is is my first attempt at paper piecing and I must say it was not really that difficult. Basically you stamp your image twice, once on the the paper you will color on and another time on pattern paper. Then you cut out the parts you want from the pattern paper and apply it your plain image. How simple?

Before I show you my card, I must tell you we have two wonderful sponsors. Our ever generous monthly sponsor:






 Also we have our weekly sponsor who is also giving away a voucher.


 So here is my card! I paper pieced the adorable polka dot awning and the heart in the sentiment.
So easy you must try this. My image is a digital image from Pollycraft. I colored the rest with copics. The butterflies I made with a Martha Stewart punch. The paper and ribbons were in my stash.


So I hope you will go to Sweet Stampin' and check out all the DT member's creations, they are amazing. I also hope you will give paper piecing a try this week and enter our challenge. Come on now you could win one of these great prizes!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about this.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am entering this in the Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge:  Spots.

Kim

6 comments:

Scrappin Sista said...

What a cute card!! I have yet to try paper piecing myself... I just might give it a try! lol!! Have a great weekend Kim!

Curly said...

Thank you so very much for Joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge, this is one very beautiful creation

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Rachel said...

I love this image, its sooo cute! Thats a really pretty, fun card that you've created!
Wedgie xxxx

Doreen said...

fantastic summer card. great image as well
big hugs
Doreen xx

Kim said...

great card and love that image! thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz.
Kim x

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Love your polka dots in ribbon and image. Great first try with paper piecing!!
Hugs
Natali

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...