Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First Center Step Card

Hello Happy Wednesday Everyone!

So planning our summer vacation we are looking at Aruba. We have been there bofore and loved it. Thinking we may go again. Probably just my husband and I as my children are now too old to care about vacationing with us, they rather go with their friends, that's okay some alone time with my hubby is a good thing! He has a new job this year and it is very demanding, so he is not home much therefore, a week together without work will be nice.

I think we need to start looking at some new places for vacations, not really sure where to go next year, but would like to try something new.

Speaking of trying something new, my card today is my first ever Center Step Card. Now up until a year ago I did not even know these existed hehehe. Then I was afraid they would be hard, but guess what, they are not. I found it rather fun. I have really been stepping out of my comfort zone this week which has been fun.




This darling image is a digi from Whoopsiedaisy it is sheet 342, as they are sold in sheets with four images. How cute is she? I colored her with Copics, added some Stickles to her hat and tights.  The paper is from My Minds Eye called on the Bright Side. The flowers are Prima. All the punches, butterfly, bowl and leafs are Martha Stewart (I went on a bit of punch shopping binge the other day). Even the border punch is a Marth Stewart. The sentiment is a Stampendous Rubber Stamp.

I am entering her in the following challenges:

Card Making Mamas: Girlie
Crafty Creations: Little Girls
Creative Inmpsiration: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs!
Kim

6 comments:

The Purple Loft Creations said...

Kim you did a great job with the card. I like everything about it. It's always nice to try new things and i'm happy you did. CUTE image
tfs Alice

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, fab card! Love your colour combo and the image is toooo cute!

I dithered over making a stepped card for ages, but I agree it isn't as difficult as it looks - is it?

Sarah

Scrappin Sista said...

Hi Kim, great card, love the flowers and the stick pin... very cute! As for vacation spots how about Vancouver Washington?? lol!! You can come create cards with me!! lol!! I don't think that would go over well with your hubby, but if you have never been here.. then it fits under the new place category! Lol!! Just trying to help!! lol! Have a great day Kim, and thanks for sharing your cute card!!

cotnob said...

I love your Center Step Card Kim, I'm sure it will be the first of many. That colour combination is fab and you have coloured the image beautifully.
Pauline
x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

I love your gorgeous card Kim! I've never made a stepper card before but you've inspired me to try :) Sarah x

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab Kim. Love the stamp and the colour combo!

I should really "step" out of my comfort zone and try a step card.

Susan xx

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...