Friday, April 20, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Good Morning Everyone,

Just a quick post today, my husband is off from work today, nice to spend some time with him.
Today's card is something I tried to push myself a bit out of my comfort zone. I hate coloring yellow!
Don't know why, but I just don't like it. My first reaction was to color this dress pink, my favorite color, but decided not to take the easy route.

So I did it yellow, no sure I love how it came out but once put together on the card I thought it looked nice. Of course the image itself is beautiful, it is from Buy Sassy Studio, called Chelsea prom. I added some extra bling with the rhinestones because all prom dresses should have some bling. Let me know what you think.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

A & T Challenge, Emerald Faeries: Dazzle it.
Crafty Creations: yellow and your choice
CMC copic challenge:  yellow

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Sandie said...

What a great image. Love the yellow combo! Thanks for joining us at Color Me Creative this time and good luck. xx

May said...

Hi, Welcome... Looking foward to woking with you on the WD Team, Hugs May x x x

Scrappin Sista said...

I love yellow, and this card is beautifully done!! I love everything about this cad! Nice work Kim!! Have fun with the hubby today!!

Tina said...

Very nicely done!! Thanks for playing along at CMC!

Unknown said...

Hi Kim ,Fabulous card I love lemon and black and she is adorable , loving the flowers too.
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done Hugs Elaine

Tracey Manderson said...

wow this is amazing, The yellow and black are so striking!! Great job.
Thanks for joining as at A&T Challenges (Emerald faeries) good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

The Purple Loft Creations said...

I'm not a yellow girl, but i like this card, Kim you did a great job with the image and nice color combo tfs.
Have a great crafty weekend

Renkata said...

hi Kim,
your card is gorgeous. Love the yellow dress. Very beautifully coloured.
Thanks for join us at CMC Copic challenge.

Wishcraft said...

I think this is gorgeous - I love yellow and the bling looks fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

Kim, it's gorgeous! Your colouring is perfect, as always, have to say I don't colour yellow at all (well apart from hair but that's blonde isn't it!!).

My absolute favourite colour is green - I've got a great combo that I use pretty much every time. A real creature of habit me! With pink and blue a close second.

Does us good to step out of the comfort zone every so often I think.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Sarah

Michele Spera said...

Lovely job with the 'yellows" and love the added bling! Thanks for playing along with us at CMC
Hugs
michele

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful job on this card. The coloring is gorgeous. Love the image and her gown is colored just fabulous. I need one of those!
Thank you for playing along with us at the CMC challenge!
Hugs,
Marie XX

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh this is very stylish and elegant Kim! :) Gorgeous colouring and colour combo and super image too! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...