Monday, April 23, 2012

Rusty

Hello Everyone,
Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My oldest came home from Vegas this weekend and told me it is magical there hahaha. I guess it would be when you are that young and don't gamble. Of course I would not mind a trip there myself. Instead I just went to my local craft store and spent some money on a few more Copics, although fun, not quite magical if you know what I mean!

So today's card is rather interesting. I am taking a Copic class over at Color Me Creative Classroom with Suzanne Dean and I am learning to color rust, you know the kind that shows up on metal items. So this is a wheelbarrel that she taught us how to color. I figured why waste it, so I made a card out of it.

It is a digital image from Fred She Said. The paper is from Bo Bunny and the flowers from Prima.
The sentiment stamp is a Penny Black. The butterfly is a die from Memory Box.
Let me know if you think it actually looks like rust. Of course when Suzanne did it, it looked beautiful, I need some more practice lol.

Thanks for dropping in.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy: Punches and Dies
Crafty Ribbons: Things with Wings
Joann Sheen: For someone Special

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Pretty card, love your colouring! Wedgie xxx

mixamatoasties said...

That's lovely Kim. And it looks like rust to me :)

xxx

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty Kim, I think your colouring looks fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Cindy Haffner said...

Kim this is so PRETTY!~

The Purple Loft Creations said...

Hi Kim you did a fantastic job
(look rust to me) i like the pp and all the lil deets.
Alice

Rosietoes said...

A beautifully balanced card. Love the image and the flowers.
Thank you so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen challenge.

Edna x

Faye said...

Thanks for the sweet comment you left at mine. This is one cute make, love the fresh colours. xx

Jenny said...

Yep! Definitely looks like rust to me. Fabulous card! x

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...