Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Anniversary

Hi Everyone,

Today I am sharing a card with you that I made for my husband for our anniversary. Which is today by the way! Yup 28 wonderful years of marriage, how lucky is my husband hahahaha!

Seriously, I do love him, he just gets me the way no else ever could, I am sure a few of you out there know what I am talking about.

So I wanted this card to try and reflect what I felt but yet not look too girlie, what do you think?
This is the outside of the card

 This is the inside.
Both stamps are digital stamps I purchaed from Squigglefly. I really love that my husband will still reach for my hand on occasion. The sentiment is just true!

So I colored the image with copics. The paper is from Glitz a 6 x 6 pack called Happy Travels which ironically our journey together has been very happy travels.

I used some Distress Ink on the edges, distressed the paper with my Tim Holtz distresser. I added some stickles and Pearl pen for a little texture. The lace gave it a bit of vintage feel (like us vintage).

He loved it. He thinks I am extremely talented (don't tell him there are many so much more talented than I will ever be out there), I would not argue with him on this point hehehehe!

So any way, thank you for stopping by. I am off to dinner tonight to celebrate! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

ATC's and cards with attitude: anything goes
Incy Wincy:  Vintage
Stamp Man Challenge:  Make it for a man
2 Sisters Challenge: Inside and out.

Kim

14 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!! And many, many more. And your card is gorgeous.
Hugs Nat

Fiona said...

ah Kim...what a gorgeous card...love the image and the sentiment is perfect.

Fi
x

Tanya S said...

So beautiful..Happy Anniversary

Carol said...

Best wishes to you both Kim. It's a lovely card. Enjoy your dinner. Carol x

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, beautiful card and so sorry to have missed your previous posts as well.

Really glad to hear you have such a clever daughter to find your digis after your computer caught it's virus. I think I would have a fit if I lost my (lots!) of digis!!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend and a great anniversary.

Sarah

cotnob said...

Happy Anniversary Kim, your card is gorgeous, such a touching image.
Have a fab weekend.
Pauline
x

Scrappin Sista said...

Beautiful card Kim.... Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are blessed to have many, many more!!

Manderly said...

Oh Kim, this is just lovely. And perfect. Your hubby is gong to love it. And 28 years! Congratulations. I have one of those hubby's that just gets ya, too. Blessed girls, we are. He must love you the same back. Beautiful creation, Kim. Thanks so much for entering ATC's Card with Attitude challenge. You can also enter your creation in our sister challenge, Fat Pages Card with Attitude. We have Top 3 winners now too! I hope to see more of you artwork.
Manderly
xxxooo

The Purple Loft Creations said...

Happy Anniversary Kim! You did a great job on the card. Congratulations to you and hubby for hanging in there 28yrs of wedded bliss.
Alice

An Occasional Genius said...

I think your card is perfect Kim. How lucky you are to have a man like that, one who gets you!! Congratulations on 28 years, what a wonderful achievement. Hope you had a lovely evening together x

Nikbee said...

Happy anniversary. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.
Nikki F x

Brenda Brown said...

What a gorgeous card Kim and so special for your husband, I think it is perfect. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Stamp Man.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, what a gorgeous card, just love the image and perfect for the occassion. Thank you for joining us at ATC's With Attitude this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx

Debbie said...

A fabulous card! Love the hands! Very romantic, and very special. Hope you had a wonderful celebration!

Wishes
Debbie
^..^

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...