Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Birthdays

Hi Everyone,

I know it is about time I posted. First I would like to say welcome to my newest follower, glad to have you aboard. Secondly, thank you to everyone for the best birthday wishes! A special thank you to my Design Team at Sweet Stampin who created some of the best cards and sent them out to me, you ladies are the best!

I had a wonderful time in Las Vegas! It was a perfect vacation and I have a short story to share with you. So for those of you who did not know I was out there for my birthday, which happens to be on the 22nd. So my husband and I are not big gamblers but we do like to play a little bit. We were playing roulette the whole time betting on 22 constantly, well needless to say it only came out once for a measly $35 pay off.

Well on the last night there, we were walking back to our room around 1:30 am (I know very late for me) and my husband says, " I am placing one last bet on 22" I am thinking you should just donate that money haha. So he puts $20 down on 22 and guess what? Yup think positive.....it came out and we hit for $700. How exciting is that? I could not believe it, talk about a perfect ending to a great week! So I had to share that bit of fortune with you.

So on today's card, I made this for my nephew Sal, who will be celebrating a birthday next week. He is a great kid and I think incredibly handsome hehe! I used a Kenny K image as I thought it was fitting for him. I colored with copics and kept it a simple masculine card.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp:  Sporty
Love to Create: anything Goes
Incy wincy:  Anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by hope you have all been well.

Hugs,

Kim

10 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow what a great card. I love that images. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you back again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Wishcraft said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday hun, and wow, what a fab win!

Love your card :o) Great image and colours. Hugs, Lisa x

Scrappin Sista said...

What fun!!! how great was that to win on your last bet... you only see that in the movies! lol!! I am glad to hear you had a wonderful Birthday, I can't remember if I wished you a Happy Birthday, so if i did'nt... "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KIM" btw, i love your card!! lol!!

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy, and good luck..

Caz IW DT

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, so sorry I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth - just soooo busy in real life, won't get any better soon as the schools break up in 16 days - arrrggghhh!!!

Gorgeous card - love your perfect colouring and the layout is fab.

So glad you liked my card - and that the Jaffa Cakes arrived in one piece!

Sounds like you had a fab birthday and holiday - lucky you with your win!

See's ya soon,
Sarah

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh how lucky! Congratulations on your win, thats a fabulous end to the week!

Great fun card Kim, love the cool image and colours!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

Wow he is fab Kim what a super image and a fab card well done Hugs Elaine

Crafty and Green said...

Fantastic! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! We Really Appreciate your Support & your Creativity! Please Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Jingle said...

This is such a cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

Joy said...

WOW! fabulous card, love love love your colouring... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...