Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Graduate

Good Afternoon All,
Before I begin, I would like to thank all my faithful followers for their lovely comments. Always a nice feeling when someone lets you know they appreciate your work.

So today's card I made out of necessity. I have 2 nieces and one nephew graduating this year. Two from high school and one from college, not to mention my own daughter is graduating with her Master's Degree this year. So this is just one of many cards I will be making. This one is going to be for my youngest niece who is graduating high school, the older niece is her sister and she graduating college, my poor sister whew!

I used this adorable image from Sassy Studio, very stylish like my niece Amanda. I colored her with copics. The sentiment is acutally rub on letters from Making Memories. The paper is from  Authentique a 6 x 6 pad called Celebrate (appropriate I know!). The flowers I made with a brand new die I just bought yesterday (with the gift card I got for Mother's Day) from Memory Box. I have been dying to try these rolled flowers, so fun. I stuck a little pearl inside each one. The ribbon and rhinestones are from my stash.



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Paper Pretties: Graduation
Crafty Sentiments: Bingo (Pattern Paper/Colored Image/Die Cut)
Designed to Color: Handmade flowers

Thanks for stopping by! I am off to make more hehe!

Kim

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, just catching up with your fab cards. Love your colouring and your images are just lovely.

Great colour on this one - wonderful papers as well.

Your flowers are gorgeous - I've got a rolled flower die, but they just look like bits of rolled up paper, not flowers!!!

Sarah

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous card love the image colours and paper, oh and great rolled flowers too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab.

Love those rolled flowers. Tried them once and made an **** of it. Haven't tried it again. Yet!

Susan x

Scrappin Sista said...

super cute!! love it!!

Rachel Scott said...

You post is so interesting. I appreciate you for making such a great post.

Jenny said...

Fabulous card. I love how the image stands out on the black card and your colouring is awesome! hugs x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab image and fun papers.. love the colours too
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Lisa x

Gem said...

fabulous card Kim! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments for our Bingo challenge this week! Gemma :)

xxxtglxxx said...

See now I cant decide!! :) I love this image too! Gorgeous cool papers and I love the rolled flowers!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Carisa said...

oh i love this! fabulous color combination and your flowers are awesome! Thanks for joining Designed To Color in our FIRST ever challenge!! :D

Lou Mac said...

What a neat card! Perfect colours for this occasions and that red gown has been coloured flawlessly!!

Thank you for joining us at Designed to Color for our very FIRST challenge. Good luck! xo

Leah l'Orange said...

fabulous little grad card, Kim! i love how the teeny little rollies mimic the circles in the patterned paper, and you've spotlighted the image beautifully! thanks so much for playing along with the Color Crew for Designed to Color's first challenge! :) best of luck!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

Lovely card! Thnx for playing with us at our first challenge over at DTC!

Chihuahuas

Hello Everyone, Here is a new fun card using Chihuahuas from La La Land Crafts. I colored them up using Copics. The guacamole, chips and wor...